Once calibrated, a digital model of the deployment is formed, that represents the location of all the light sources.
The Firefly API then provides software support to enable easy development of applications targeted at these displays, via:
- a Microsoft .NET based API
- support for 2D planes, 3D wrapped surfaces and 3D dense deployments
- seamless integration to Firefly hardware
- primitives mapped into 3D space, that can be moved, animated and deployed on Firefly deployments in real-time
- 3D model slicing to form directed 2D faces real-time visualization and simulation